Friday, February 8, 2008

Figuring out what you like

I know this sounds like an easy thing... but when it comes to decorating, its actually not. My advice to you, as its been in past blogs, is to look around. Look at lots of website, get magazines, so you can see stuff put together in a room. Here are some of my favorite magazines and catalog's to browse.

The Country Door - has a great website to browse, but the catalog is even nicer. Its good to see things paired together - could give you a new idea of how to put something together.

The Country House - also a great website, but again... get the catalog. You'll get lots of ideas, and things are pretty reasonably priced.

Terry's Village - I know I've mentioned it before but along with finding reasonably priced merchandise in there, you can also find lots of good basics that will serve as fillers for your decorating.

The most important thing is to take your time. There's no rush to get it all done NOW! In my experience the more time you take, the better chance you have of finding exactly what you want, rather than settling for something that's just OK.

No comments: