Sunday, February 14, 2010

Isn't it all red, white & blue?

The answer to that question is... only if you want it to be. I chose to do my spare bedroom in an Americana theme. But there is much more to country decorating than just Americana decorating. Country decorating can tie in a myriad of colors. My house is a sea of dark green, navy blue, maroon, mustard yellow, dark red and brown. I chose a darker shade of beige for my walls to let the country accents stand out more. There are so many kinds of patterns available now that you should never feel pinned down to a single color or style. Part of what I enjoy about country decorating is finding what might be deemed as mismatched pieces, and making them work together.

For instance, my "spool table" is spools that I've collected over the years. The table is all spools, candles & decorations of all different shapes, sizes and colors.  The randomness of it is what makes it different... special...  mine.    Here is a picture of my table to show you what I'm talking about.

No comments: